Saturday, March 8, 2008

Telemarketers - They Are People Too

Back in my college days I worked a few jobs. The usual stuff waitress, bar, but my favorite job of all was telemarketing. Now you may be thinking that you can't stand telemarketers, that they are annoying, they call just when you are sitting down to dinner and they never have anything valuable to say to you. But it was the best job I ever had. The people were fun, the hours were great and I was earning money. The worse part of my gig...the people who picked up the other line. SO many rude things were said to me; people hung up, cursed at me in all kinds of languages and one guy even flagellated in the phone. YUCK but it was funny, all of it was funny and it made for some great stories to tell my roommates! So to all of your who go crazy on telemarketers THANK YOU for making people like me laugh and laugh a lot. Just as an aside, there is no need to be rude to telemarketers - all you have to do is politely ask them to remove your name from the list and to not call again. Yup, it's that simple.

No comments:

The Hip and Trendy Headline Animator

The Hip and Trendy